Hey folks. Been Mr. Slacker with the blog already. I do a few other blogs and I'm very good with those. This one? Not so much.
I saw an interesting post on several other gun blogs about what people carry daily, so I decided to add my own.
My wife pretty much thinks I'm nuts for carrying all this, and I can see why. So here is my pictorial assemblage for my on-person carry stuff:
Lets go clockwise from the firearm...
1. Glock 26. I bit thick, but it works and I can use my other Glock 9mm magazines (including my 33 rounders if needed). My Kel-Tec P3AT is in for service and I wont see it for a month or more. It was not doing a good job of feeding the first round.
I carry this glock with the pants clip IWB at 5 o'clock. I carry it without a round in the chamber for obvious reasons. I have one of those trigger sheath things on order, but have no experience with it.
1 Extra 10 rounder magazine. Both full of 124 grain +p Remington Golden Saber hollow-points.
2. Wallet - self explanitory
3. Paracord bracelet - carry 6-7 feet of paracord with you at all times. Useful for alot of stuff and can be undone is seconds.
4. Lockpick kit (red) for picking when I lock myself out or lose the key.
5. SOG Flash II knife - compact, sharp and was pretty inexpensive.
6. Goinggear.com Ferro Rod Flints - these things rock. I forget which model this is.
7. Leatherman Juice XE6 in purple - the girly color makes it easy to find when I drop it on the ground.
8. iPhone in case - for running Surefire's shot timer, of course
9. Uzi Tactical Pen - ha ha I know. Its new and goofy. But its a great kubaton and writes stuff too.
10. Flashlight - iTP A3 EOS Upgraded - 90 lumens on 1 AAA battery - in a very small package. I don't like the controls for this, but have yet to find another mini flashlight that is so bright. With lanyard in orange for finding it. Bought at goinggear.com as well
The leatherman, flashlight, flint and lockpick kit go in a belt holder. The knife in my left pocket (opposite the firearm) and the extra magazine goes either in my pants pocket or a belt holder.
Ah, and I forgot to put my keys in there. They are the standard keysets on a locking carabiner with an REI aluminum whistle and Photon squeeze flashlight.
I've also added a set of latex examination gloves to the mix.
My vehicles all have an extended Bug Out Bag with much more...